Underwater Robot – Step-It-Up!

I have created an underwater robot for scientists and marine biologists to use. It will expand our knowledge further about the deep, dark depths of our Earth’s blue; the ocean.

What else would you add to my Underwater Robot, and what abilities would your robot have?

Did you know? The Earth’s surface is covered in 71% of water?

Please leave a positive comment down below!!

8 thoughts on “Underwater Robot – Step-It-Up!

1. Bula Vinaka Jamie,

What a great description. I like how you have separated your ideas into different paragraphs. This makes it much easier for readers to follow. Thank you for so clearly explaining the purpose of your robot. Did you know we know more about outer space that we do about the depths of our ocean so what an important job your robot is setting out to do.

I like the poison spray. I imagine you will face a lot of predators down there that will be scared of a robot so it might come in handy. I also wonder what the storage unit is for? What does the robot store in there?

I didn’t know the exact percentage of how much Earth was covered in water but I knew it was a significant amount. Did you know that the ocean produces over 70% of our breathable oxygen and provides 97% of our water supply. It shows just how important it is that we look after our ocean.

Tino pai to mahi Jamie
    Anna
    SLJ

1. Bula Vinaka Anna
      thank you for commenting on my blog! I wonder why we know more about outer space than in the ocean, maybe because we don’t have the materials and tools to search further down?

I was thinking of what other ways could the robot keep itself safe. I chose fight because what if the robot is cornered against tall rock walls? It of course has to try to fight.

The storage unit is there to keep safe any substances or objects that haven’t been found before, and it also has a smaller compartment to store rubbish or anything that doesn’t seem like it should be there.
      Thank you for asking these questions, and have a great day and a happy New Year!!
      Jamie

1. Kia ora Jamie,

That is a mighty good question. I suspect the reason we know more about space than the ocean is a bit like the reason we never get to the local place we have always wanted to go to. That might be confusing to you so I’ll explain. When I lived in Auckland I kept saying ‘I want to go to Rainbows End’ but because I lived so close to it I figured I’d get there eventually so never made a plan to go. As a result, I never got to go. When things are close to us I think we always think we will get there while the things far away might disappear. That’s just what I think.

What great ideas. If only we could have robots like this in real life in our ocean. Although, the downside would be unnatural things in the ocean. I wonder what the impact that would have on the ocean is. This makes me think of this documentary I watched called ‘My Octopus Teacher’, it is on Netflix and is about a man who decides to kind of live in the ocean so he can see the realities of the underwater world. It was incredible and I learnt a lot.

Anna
        SLJ

1. Kia Ora Anna
          thank you for commenting on my blog post! Wow, you have explained it very well, I understand what you mean. That has happened to me too before, especially when I do something I like for too long, the time goes really fast and I don’t get to do the other things I wanted to do.

Thank you so much for replying, have a lovely day, enjoy the rest of your holiday and God bless you and your family!
          Jamie

2. hello Jamie

I really love your robot it’s really more creative than mine
    i really love of how you made the robot so recitalist.

i hope you and your family have a wonderful day and God bless

from your friend- Cosma

1. Hello Cosma
      thank you for your kind comment! You can take some of my ideas and expand on them. What helped me to create cool ideas is to think of what problems need to be solved in the sea.
      For example, there is lots of rubbish in the sea, so maybe a storage unit to keep the rubbish in.
      I will make sure to check your blog post out!

Thank you Cosma for your thoughtful comment, keep up the good work and have a happy New year with your family!!
      Your friend, Jamie

3. Wow Jamie,

What a fantastic creation you made! I love how you added on the solar panels at the top of your robot – such a great idea.

What is your favourite part of your robot?

Hope you have a lovely start to your week 🙂
    Naomi

1. Kia Ora Naomi
      thank you for commenting on my blog!! My favorite part of the robot I made are the solar powered panels(which double as inventory), because they are sustainable and have a renewable energy source; the sun.

Thank you so much for commenting, enjoy the rest of your holiday and God bless you and your family!!
      Jamie