Tangram – Kick Start

I have created 4 Tangram pictures using 7 different geometric shapes.

Did you know that the Tangram was originated in China? 

The 1st picture I made was a cake(top left), it was not very difficult to solve.

The 2nd picture I made was a swan(top right). It was slightly challenging, but it made me think deeper. The 3rd picture is a star(bottom left). This intrigued me that it was not a ‘perfect’ one, so I decided to solve it. The 4th picture is of Washington(bottom right). I chose it because I’m thinking that most people would assume it would be the easiest to solve, so I tried to solve it. I was completely wrong, it was actually the second easiest one in my opinion! The star was the most difficult for me.

My favorite picture to make was the star, because it is one of my favorite shapes.

Please leave a positive comment on my blog!!

12 thoughts on “Tangram – Kick Start

1. Kamusta Jamie
    I really liked your tangram blog.You described all about tangrams and what you made.Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.I can not wait to see more of your blogs.Say hi to jaeden. Have a wonderful holiday and a Merry Christmas

Your friend:Marii

1. Kia Orana Marii
      thank you for your kind comment! Jaeden says hi too. I am wondering if you are sending your quality comments to earn more points? If you aren’t doing that, here is the link to earn more points: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdP2qdupsop4SK_aj3FQs8xzQueAURxhDHXfx8RgcDFTj1lvg/viewform

Fill out the form and then click submit. Thanks for commenting and I am looking forward to more of your posts. Have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!
      Your friend, Jamie

2. Malo e lelei Jamie,

This is another example of a fun maths activity that involved my favourite strand of maths, geometry!! I think you did an incredible job on this activity, your description explained the task beautifully and you included a meaningful and engaging question! I think your description and post was so amazing I am going to mark it as an outstanding blog post!!

I think you did another awesome job on this post and it is great to hear that you enjoyed creating your tangram objects. Your swan is definitely my favourite, the only thing missing is some more swan friends!

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Kummusta Zana
      thanks for the thoughtful comment. I have many favorite strands of math like algebra, but I really like geometry too, especially trying to find the missing angles or trying to find the area of a shape. Wow, thank you in advance for marking it as an outstanding post!! Haha, I agree that the swan is missing some friends too, so that it can eat the cake together! Thank you for the lovely comment, please reply if you can and I wish you a Merry, Merry Christmas!
      Jamie

3. Hello Jamie
    Sophia from Marshland School here.
    I love how you asked a question at the start and I did not know tangrams originated from China. I think you picked some great tangrams to do and I love the cake. Know I really want to solve some!
    Good bye
    Sophia

1. Hello Sophia
      thank you for your kind comment. I love the cake too, it makes me hungry for it! Which one is your favorite tangram? Mine is the star, because it is one of my favorite shapes.

Thanks for commenting, have a great day and a happy new year!!
      Jamie

4. Kia ora Jamie! Swaimah here. I really loved your tangram art that you did for the kick start activity. All your shapes and images that you have created are very creative. I really loved how you made the swan out of triangles and other shapes.

Questions

How long did it take to take all those shapes?
    Was it diffucult to make each shapes?

Your Friend, Swaimah <3

1. Kia Ora Swaimah
      thank you for your kind comment! I’m not exactly sure how long I took, but probably 15-20 minutes. Some shapes were difficult and some were really easy, like the cake and Washington building. What was the most difficult shape for you to make if you remember?

Thanks for commenting Swaimah, have a great day and God bless you and your family!! <3
      Your friend, Jamie

5. Kia ora Jamie
    It’s Annabel here from Koputaroa school. I really like your tangram, I think you did an awesome job. My favourite one you made was the swan because it looks so allegiant and pretty. It looks like you worked hard on these so they came out amazing! I really like how you added a very good description up the top and explain what each picture was. If you did this task again what image would you make? Thank you for a great blog post!
    Nga Mihi Annabel

1. Kia Ora Annabel
      thank you for your kind comment. One of my favorites is the swan too. They are literally the definition of elegant! What is your favorite tangram?

If I did this task again, I would choose to make Princess Leia because of her dress and hair; they seem tricky.

Thanks for commenting, have a great day and God bless you!
      Jamie

6. Talofa Lava Jamie!

I love how you rated each Tangram from difficulty. It really tells us how fast or slow you completed each one, it’s very awesome! I also love how you tell us what your thoughts were about the last one (Washington).

My favorite one is the swan, I think it’s very beautiful and cute. Another reason is swans are one of my favorite birds. Although I don’t know much about them, I still love them. They also remind me of the Ballet in a Box show we went to.

I have a question though. Or maybe a challenge. How long do you think your little brother can solve these exact tangrams? Not to be rude.

Anyways have a good day today! And enjoy this new year!
    -Madelyn

1. Talofa Maddy
      thank you for commenting on my post! Swans and ballet dancers are very much alike, gracious and elegant!
      I think my brother would take a slightly longer time, only because he doesn’t really like to solve puzzles(problems). No worries Maddy, you are not rude; just curious!

Thank you Maddy for your lovely comment, have a great day and you too enjoy this year!!
      Your friend, Jamie <3