Summer Space Invaders

Below is my Summer Space Invader character; a skeleton skull with octopus arms. I just thought of it.

I used coordinates to make my pixel character. Coordinates is a way or piece of information which is useful if you want to find the exact location of something. To label a point or information you have to find the coordinates.

My favorite part was labeling the coordinates.

I hope you like my summer space invader!

2 thoughts on “Summer Space Invaders

1. Hi Jamie,

It’s Emma here again!

This is a super cool space invader, it looks like it could be on an alien pirate ship! I love the bright purple colour against the blue dots, it’s very vibrant and eye-catching.

It’s awesome to hear you have been learning about coordinates, it’s a great skill to have. Have you done some learning using coordinates before now? It will definitely come in useful for you when it comes to reading maps or planning a hiking trip one day. Do you think that is something you would like to do in the future? People tend not to use actual maps so much anymore because we have google to do everything for us! There is a great sense of achievement in reading a map and figuring out your own way though.

I love your octopus-skull space invader, thanks for sharing it Jamie.

Emma – SLJ

1. Kia Ora Emma, thanks for the blog comment! I learned about coordinates when I was completing a Christmas activity. It was super fun! I would like to find the coordinates of a place in a map in the future, I think that would be fun aswell! Thanks again for the blog comment and have a great weekend!
      Jamie