Colour Block Landscape – Kick Start

I have created a colour block landscape using Google Draw. The techniques I used to create this type of artwork are placement, size and contrast.

I used contrast with the waves and the hill, making the colours darker as it was more far away. The same goes for the trees, to make it look in perspective, and in contrast. I added some fish to make the ocean less lonely!

Do you know these tricks, and what landscape would you create?

2 thoughts on “Colour Block Landscape – Kick Start

1. Good afternoon Jamie,

I continue to be impressed by how artistic you are. You have really understood the assigned task and created a masterpiece. There are two things that I love about your piece of art. One is the moon. I love how large and encroaching the moon is and how bright it is, shadowing over everything. I think you can see the light on the tree’s and on the ocean. It’s like the moon light makes it possible for us to see the fish. The other part I love is the bright coloured fish. I like how you didn’t put in lots of them, you just put in a couple and because of the contrasting colours they really stand out.

What inspired your creation. Did you have a design in mind? I would love to make a landscape similar to yours. Highlighting our beautiful marama (moon) and the way it can change our landscape.

Was there any part you found particularly challenging?
    Are you happy with your final product?

Tino pai Jamie,
    Anna
    SLJ

1. Ahiahi pai Anna
      thank you for your kind comment! I agree with you, the moon is really lovely in the artwork, especially how it shines. I also like the contrast, and the placement and size of the objects in the picture. The design I was going for was to make the moon and the waves stand out.

That is great that you want to make a landscape similar to mine! I suggest making the mountain smaller or bigger depending on what you want the ‘star of the show’ to be in your artwork!

The most challenging part of the process of this artwork was putting the fish into the sea. I’m not sure why it was so hard, especially the red fish, but maybe I was fiddling too much with the waves. I think I would make everything simpler, by removing the fish and the shadows of the trees. But for SLJ(and everyone who like the fish), I’m happy to leave it in.
      Thank you for the thoughtful comment Anna, have a great day and a happy New Year!!
      Jamie