Rebus Puzzles – Kick Start

I created a story using emojis. Can you understand this puzzle?

If you can’t, I have a emoji glossary so you can read it!

The summer ☀️ is killing me! It is scorching 🔥 📥side and 📤. Does🧍1️⃣ feel the same 🛣️? Literally! 🪰s are buzzing around everywhere, it’s 🚗ing me 🤪! When 👁️ swat them away, they seem to always come 🔙, like a 🪃. It’s like they’re asking for a swatting. And my 🍭, they 🫠 into a warm, gooey-but 😋-mess. Sometimes when it’s so 🔥, 👁️ miss the ❄️. But that rarely happens. Even though 👁️ feel like an 🧊 way past its melting ☝️, the ☀️ just is too 🔥 to be 😮‍💨 with it. It 🔆ns the 🛣️, and ♨️s us up from the 📥 out. What more can we 🙏 for? We have to be thankful for this ✨   🦸hero.

Next time we can’t 👊 the ♨️, 🤷 not just 🦘 in front of the 🪭 and consider that it could be “God’s 🌲t”?

4 thoughts on “Rebus Puzzles – Kick Start

1. Tēnā koe Jamie,

I love these rebus activities as I find the rebus riddles so fun, this term we did a rebus riddle every morning before roll call as a daily riddle! This activity is even better as it uses both rebus riddles and literacy skills as you write your story.

I think your story was very cool. I love a classic summer story featuring the hot sun and annoying summer flies. You did an awesome job selecting emojis that clearly translate to the word they mean. A cool step up may be challenging yourself to use two emojis to make one word.

I would like to know what emojis you would use to write your name??

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Kia Ora Zana
      thanks for commenting on my blog post. Doing a rebus puzzle every morning before attendance sounds really fun, I would want to do that in my class too. Thanks for liking my story, I put lots of ‘heart’ into it! Did you know I made one word using two emojis? Here’s the word: 🌲t
      Can you guess what the word was? Hint: the ‘t’ in the word is pronounced what sound it makes.

That would be easy, but there are no emojis of jam.. The emojis I would use to write my name would be 🫙-r+🪞-ror+🥚-gg= Jamie!
      Thank you again for your comment, please reply and have a great day and a Merry Christmas Zana!!
      Jamie

2. Kia ora Jamie, Swaimah here.
    I really love your story that you wrote about summer. The summer is really hot now a days, mostly at night. I barely get any sleep. Your story was extremely easy to read because you gave out some hints about each emoji and what they represent.

Questions

What made you think of writing a story about summer?

Your Best Friend, Swaimah <3

1. Kia Ora Swaimah
      thanks for your really kind comment. I hope you get enough sleep from the sun, it really is WAY too hot! I thought of writing a story about summer because when I was about to write something, the sun and the flies were really annoying me, so I decided to write about them! Why did you choose to write a scary story? Thanks again and have a lovely day, and a Merry Christmas with your family!! <3
      Your friend, Jamie