Summer Styles

I chose this type of art because I like how the different colours of the sea looked, it was like layers of colour which I liked. I also added white foam/bubbles so add some white into the artwork, as well as the clouds. I also chose a dark purple colour for the sky, to put contrast to the sea.

2 thoughts on “Summer Styles

1. Mōrena Jamie,

What an awesome step it up activity for what was already an awesome art activity to begin with!! I love this activity as well because I get to see different versions of the same piece of art everyone creates, it is an awesome opportunity to see everyone’s personality and style shine through as they create their own versions of a similar landscape.

I really like your use of blues for the ocean, it really adds depth to the art and your purple sky is a great feature. This actually looks similar to some of the beaches we have down where I am on the west coast near Kapiti. A lot of swirling blue seas and rough shores, perfect for surfing!! Do you have many beaches around you?

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Kia Ora Zana
      thank you for your thoughtful comment. You are very lucky to have lots of beautiful beaches in Kapiti. Where I live, I don’t have many beaches but farms and plains with trees EVERYWHERE!! I’m glad you remember me and my blog from last year, have a great day and a Merry Christmas!
      Jamie