Cipher and Codes – Kick Start

I have created 2 codes that tell you my 2 favorite places I like to visit in summer. One of my favorite types of codes is the Morse code because you can tell something not only by talking, but by sound, like a beep or a signal like a wink. This activity reminded me of one of the SLJ code activities I did last year using SCOPE and Pig Pen code to hide a message.

Can you find out what message they conceal?

2 thoughts on “Cipher and Codes – Kick Start

1. Mōrena Jamie,

What an awesome code and cipher activity, I love this code activities as they are such a fun brain workout. I love doing escape rooms so deciphering codes is something I find super fun and challenging!

My Mum actually made this activity so I found it super easy to decipher her codes but it looks like you had a lot of success deciphering them as well!! Was there any code that you found especially difficult or way too easy?

I think I have managed to decipher your code. Does it say “blueberry (something) and Rotorua?

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Morena Zana
      thank you for commenting on my blog! I’ve always wanted to go to an escape room like Spookers where there are staff that are trained to scare you. How difficult or easy was the escape room for you?

The Atabash ciphers slightly confused me, because sometimes I would forget what letter I was supposed to decrypt.

You are almost correct! You have figured out the first word for the 1st code and the 2nd word for the second code. I will give you a hint: the pictures are telling you something.

1st code: What is the hand doing to the blueberry, and what would you call that?
      2nd code: What is a famous kid-friendly place in Rotorua where you can zipline and get jellybeans?

Thank you for commenting, have a lovely day and God bless!
      Jamie