Summer Styles

Kick Start

I created a book mark using different colour and texture contrasts!

My book mark says “BRIGHT LIGHT” because that’s one of my perspectives of summer, that the lights are bright- especially during Christmas!

I hope you like my book mark!

6 thoughts on “Summer Styles

1. Talofa Lava Jamie

I like the way you displayed your colours and different fonts for your bookmark. The colour contrast and texture really stands out and has quite an effect. You have done an amazing job with your bookmarks and you have put a lot of effort. I hope you have a wonderful day and a Merry Christmas!

1. Malo lelei Esther
      thank you for your lovely comment and feedback! Have you already done this activity? Thanks so much and have a merry Christmas too!
      Jamie

2. Mōrena Jamie,

This is such a fun activity as I love art and seeing everyone’s different interpretations of summer. I think your bookmark looks great, I am sure I have seen one similar for sale at a bookshop!! I love your use of the words bright and light, I agree that those simple phrases sum up summer quite well. I also like that they can be interpreted differently either being the sun or the bright lights on a Christmas tree.

When I think of summer time, the first thing that comes to mind is the beach so if I was to complete this activity I would definitely design a beach themed bookmark!! Do you go to the beach often in summer?

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Kia Ora Zana
      thank you for your lovely comment. I have never thought of interpreting bright and light relating to Christmas, you have expanded my perspective further! To answer your question, no, I don’t really go to the beach often, but go to the Botanical Gardens or go blueberry picking. Have you ever gone fruit picking before? Thanks again for commenting and have a great day!
      Jamie

1. Morning Jamie,

I love the botanical garden, when I lived in Hamilton I would visit the Hamilton gardens often as they constantly had new gardens set up but now having moved to Wellington I do not visit as often. I have been strawberry picking before but never for blueberries. Is that something you do with your family?

– Zana

1. Good Morning Zana
          thank you for replying to my question! My family goes blueberry picking every summer ever since I was young, so you could call it a tradition. Do you have any traditions every summer?

Thank you for replying, have a lovely day and God bless!
          Jamie