Manaiakalani Film Festival

Manaiakalani Film Festival

Yesterday the 8th of November our school went to the theatre to watch films from other schools and other classes from our school. Before we hopped on the bus to the movies, we had to pair up with a junior from Room 2. My little person was Zuriel. He was very excited to watch films at the theatre in Sylvia Park. When we had finished our ride on the bus we walked in a line to Hoyts. On the way we saw many schools lining up to go to Hoyts. We waved at them like we were famous models.

When we all got to the entrance I was very excited because it was so dark and the screen was HUGE. It was hard to navigate a seat for Zuriel and I because it was pitch black in the cinema. Finally I located an empty row of seats and walked to the end and sat down next to Zuriel. The films started as soon as we sat down. The entrance of the film was with Ellma welcoming all the schools and the hosts on the huge screen and thanked them for letting our school have this opportunity.

One of my favorite films were called PokeBlade. A parody of the cartoon shows Pokemon and BeyBlade. It was about two students demanding one student’s lunch money. Annoyed that those students always demand for his lunch money he challenges them to a battle and when the student gets defeated he trains his body to be stronger. He finally defeats the two bullies and now they will never bully him again.

After we finished watching all the films Ellma wrapped it all up and said thank you to everyone who went to Hoyts and watched the films. Our school walked back to our buses and rode back to school. Next Manaiakalani Film Festival I want to supervise two kids so I can’t be lonely.